Electronics Recycling Dates 2011
We get a lot of calls here at Green in BKLYN asking for information about recycling, in general, and electronic waste recycling specifically. So we’re pleased to be able to let folks know about another eWaste drive…
Tekserve and the Lower East Side Ecology Center have teamed up again to offer free electronics recycling throughout September and October.
Recyclable items include computers, monitors, fax machines, copiers, DVD or VCR players, radios, telephones, cell phones, televisions, cameras and stereo equipment. However, they cannot accept home appliances such as microwaves, stoves, refrigerators and air conditioners.
Residents, small businesses and not-for-profits can drop off unwanted electronics at the following sites:
- September 17: 10am-4pm / Manhattan @ Tekserve, 119 West 23rd Street, Manhattan b/w 6th and 7th Avenues
- September 18: 10am-4pm / Manhattan @ Delancey Street b/w Chrystie and Forsyth Streets, Lower East Side
- September 20: 11am-7pm / Manhattan @ Church of the Heavenly Rest, 5th Avenue and East 90th Street
- September 24: 10am-4pm / Queens @ St. John’s University parking lot, enter at Gate 4, Union Tpke and 175th Street
- September 24: 10am-4pm / Brooklyn @ Habana Outpost, Fulton Street b/w South Portland Avenue and South Oxford Street
- September 25: 10am-4pm / Queens @ NY Hall of Science visitor parking lot, enter at 111th Street and 49th Avenue, Flushing
- September 25: 10am-4pm / Bronx @ Van Cortlandt Park, Broadway b/w Manhattan College Pkwy and Post Road
- October 01: 10am-4pm / Brooklyn @ Smith Street b/w President and Union Streets, Carroll Gardens
- October 01: 10am-4pm / Brooklyn @ The New New York, N 11th Street b/w Kent and Wythe Avenues, Williamsburg
- October 02: 10am-4pm / Staten Island @ Showplace Entertainment Center, 141 E Service Road and Beresford Ave
- October 02: 10am-4pm / Brooklyn @ Brooklyn Bridge Park, Pier 1, Furman Street b/w Old Fulton and Doughty St
- October 15: 10am-4pm / Brooklyn @ 8th Avenue b/w 14th and 15th Streets, Park Slope
- October 16: 10am-4pm / Brooklyn @ 7th Avenue b/w 4th and 5th Streets, Park Slope
- October 22: 10am-4pm / Brooklyn @ Restoration Plaza, Herkimer St entrance b/w New York and Brooklyn Aves, Bedford Stuyvesant
- October 22: 10am-4pm / Manhattan @ Church of the Holy Name of Jesus, Amsterdam Avenue b/w West 96th and West 97th Streets
- October 23: 10am-4pm / Brooklyn @ PS 29 Schoolyard, Baltic Street b/w Henry and Clinton Streets
- October 23: 10am-4pm / Manhattan @ Stuyvesant Town, 14th Street Loop, at 14th St and Ave A
For more info, check out the LESEC website.