After the Holiday E-Waste Drives
Here at Green in BKLYN, we receive bunches of emails, phone calls & drop ins from our customers asking about getting rid of unwanted electronics. Our friends over at the The Lower East Side Ecology Center have scheduled their Annual “After the Holidays” E-waste Drives for January to help responsibly recycle unwanted or broken gadgets.
They’ve been at this for years & last January they collected 100 tons of e-waste. This year’s goal? 110 tons! Help them reach this goal by disposing of your electronics at one of their many dates & locations!
E-Waste Recycling Events:
- January 7, 2012 / NYC: 10am – 4pm @ Bowling Green Park (east side, Broadway at Beaver Street)
- January 7, 2012 / STATEN ISLAND: 10am – 4pm @ Midland Beach Parking Lot 5 (Father Capodanno Blvd & Jefferson Avenue)
- January 8, 2012 / FLUSHING: 10am – 4pm @ Queens Botanical Garden (parking lot entrance on Crommelin Street)
- January 8, 2012 / NYC: 10am – 4pm @ Union Square Park (north plaza @ East 16th Street & Union Square West)
- January 14, 2012 / BROOKLYN: 10am – 4pm @ McCarren Park (Bedford Avenue just north of North 12th Street)
- January 14, 2012 / NYC: 10am – 4pm @ Carl Schurz Park (East 88th Street & East End Avenue)
- January 15, 2012 / BROOKLYN: 10am – 4pm @ Prospect Park West (at 3rd Street)
- January 21, 2012 / NYC: 10am – 4pm @ Tekserve (119 West 23rd Street)
- January 22, 2012 / NYC: 10am – 4pm @ Central Park (Central Park North & Lenox Avenue)
- January 22, 2012 / NYC: 10am – 4pm @ West 63rd Street (btw Broadway & Central Park West)
- January 28, 2012 / NYC: 10am – 4pm @ Ring Garden Riverside Drive (btw Dyckman Street & Seaman Avenue)
- January 28, 2012 / BRONX: 10am – 4pm @ Brook Park (btw East 141st & East 140th Streets)
The Lower East Side Ecology Center accepts electronics from households, not-for-profit organizations & small businesses (less than 50 employees, please call ahead). A list of acceptable materials can be found here. Remember: they do not accept home appliances such as microwaves, refrigerators or air conditioners. All events will be held rain, snow (!) or shine.