Celebrate Earth Day (Sunday 4/22) at Green in BKLYN
This year, along with Myrtle Avenue’s Farm to Neighborhood program, we’re focusing on local food sources and ways to make your own (food, that is). Also a big ol’ sale and a raffle! Details are below but if you have questions, let us know.
EARTH DAY SCHEDULE (SUNDAY, APRIL 22nd):
- 12-1:30pm: Farm to Neighborhood
- Community Chef Roisin Wisneski from Myrtle Eats Fresh shares recipes from stuff you can grow at home. Think cucumbers, mint & more.
- 1:30-2:00: Clementine Vegan Bakery
- The folks from Clementine will be handing out tasty treats & talking about baking without animal products. Good food & animal free.
- 2-3:30pm: Plovgh CSA
- Plovgh is a community where farms sell their harvest directly to you. Crops you want, when you want them, from farms you know. Talk to them about getting your “share”.
- 4-5:30pm: Brooklyn Beekeeper’s Club
- President Michael Hegedus hosts a local honey tasting & talks about how to start your own beehive as well as the wonder of honey & bees.
- All Day: Pick a Prize…
- Spend $42 or more (for Earth Day’s 42nd year), then pick a prize from our bucket 0′ gifties. It’s like a grab bag & raffle all in one!
- The Day Before (Saturday 4/21): Pangea
- They’re back! The folks from Pangea Organics Skin Care will pass out more samples & answer questions about your face & their line.
- All Month: 42% off Select Treasures
- In Celebration of Earth Day’s 42nd Anniversary & Green in BKLYN’s B-Earth Day (3 years old!) we’ll have all kinds of treasures marked 42% off!
We hope you’ll join us for some (or all) of the fun on Earth Day. We love Earth Day, we love being here & we love you!