On April - 22 - 2015
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children – Native American Proverb
We’re celebrating our B-Earth Day (combining Earth Day and Green in BKLYN’s Sixth Anniversary) on Saturday, April 25th. We hope you’ll stop in and join us for all or part of the party…
- 12-5pm: Free tastes of Local Treats - from Brooklyn taste makers… chocolate, coffee & doggy treats. A whole bunch of local yum!
- All Day: Green in BKLYN’s Customer Raffle - Make a purchase of $6 or more (for Green in BKLYN’s Sixth Anniversary) and be entered in our eco-raffle.
- All Month: Our Window’s Dedicated to Local Folk: On display are products from local artists, writers & makers & a whole bunch of new stuff added in.
Come in and let us thank you personally for supporting Green in BKLYN and for choosing to live more gently on our planet Earth.
On February - 15 - 2015
Happy Valentine’s Day from Green in BKLYN… xo!
On January - 30 - 2015
Black Artstory Artwalk
Myrtle Avenue’s Black Artstory Month kicks off this Sunday with an Avenue-wide art walk featuring the work of over 25 local artists from 4-6pm and opening party at Brooklyn Eats on Myrtle from 6-8pm.
This year’s theme, Where I’m From: The Black Artstory of Myrtle and Beyond, is inspired by the centuries-long black arts tradition that has thrived in Fort Greene and Clinton Hill through the communities’ many evolutions. Curators Remi Onabajo, MoCADA, Pratt Institute’s BAKO Tribe, Naimonu James, Daonne Huff, SONYA, PS 20 and Freecandy have selected work guided by the concepts of time, travel and transition. Over 13 businesses along the Avenue will exhibit paintings, murals, and photographs that explore how the past informs our understandings of the here and now.
Click HERE for the Artwalk Map.
On December - 12 - 2014
Green in BKLYN is now open EVERY DAY through Christmas Eve including Mondays!
- Monday - Friday: 11am - 8pm
- Saturday: 10am - 8pm
- Sunday: 11am - 8pm
After that, we’ll return to our regular hours…
Come on down. Get your last minute holiday on!
On June - 21 - 2014
Celebrating Make Music New York at Green in BKLYN…
All over the city…
And all over the world.
Today at Green in BKLYN:
Celebrating Make Music New York at Green in BKLYN today!
Todays’ Make Music New York Summer Schedule here.
On May - 28 - 2014
“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive: and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor and some style.”
- Maya Angelou 1928-2014
On May - 14 - 2014
South Of the Navy Yard Artists (SONYA) is a non-profit organization of visual artists living, creating and/or exhibiting in the Ft. Greene, Clinton Hill, Wallabout and Bed-Stuy neighborhoods of Brooklyn.
Each year SONYA hosts the SONYA Art Walk – a free self-guided tour of fine arts studios and other venues in the above mentioned neighborhoods.
Including painting, drawing, sculpture, photography and ceramics, the free SONYA Art Walk takes place this Saturday and Sunday, May 17 and 18, 12 – 6pm.
SONYA artist, Nina Allen, will be at Green in BKLYN this weekend for the Art Walk and her beautiful water colors will be in the shop for the next few weeks.
To download a copy of the SONYA Art Walk map, click here.
On April - 16 - 2014
We’re celebrating our B-Earth Day (Earth Day and Green in BKLYN’s Fifth Anniversary/Birthday) at Green in BKLYN this Sunday, April 20th. We hope you’ll be able to stop in and join us for a bit.
Green in BKLYN’s B-Earth Day Celebration – this Sunday, April 20:
- 11am-1pm: Dog Lola Holds Court: Coming out of retirement for a little visit, shop dog Lola will be at Green in BKLYN to meet and greet all her besties!
- 1pm-4pm: MUNY Designs Pop Up Shop: Bohemian clothes and bedding beautifully designed in BKLYN and made fair trade in India, MUNY’s in the shop.
- 4pm – 6pm: Reception for Wolfgang Ryan, Artist: Displaying “unusual illuminated objects cobbled together with detritus from the streets of BKLYN”.
- While Supplies Last: Local Treats: Free tastes of Brooklyn Roasting Company coffee, Mister Sister vegan and kosher fudge and Raaka virgin chocolate. Mmm!
- All Day: Green in BKLYN’s Customer Raffle: Make a purchase of $5 or more (for Green in BKLYN’s Fifth Anniversary) and be entered in our raffle for all kinds of eco-friendly treats & treasures. Just because.
Come in and let us thank you personally for supporting Green in BKLYN and for living gently on our lovely planet, Earth.
On April - 16 - 2014
This Spring, the NYC Department of Sanitation is holding five SAFE Disposal Events (one in each borough) to provide NYC residents with a one-stop method to get rid of potentially harmful household products.
What to Bring:
- Automotive Products
- Flammable Item
Where & When:
- Saturday, April 26th: QUEENS: Cunningham Park, Ball Field Parking Lot (entrance btw Union Turnpike & Grand Central Pkwy)
- Sunday, May 4th: BROOKLYN: McCarren Park at Bedford Avenue (btw N 12th St & Lorimer St)
- Saturday, May 10th: BRONX: Orchard Beach Parking Lot (follow Park Drive to the end)
- Sunday, May 11th: MANHATTAN: Union Square, North Plaza (south side of 17th St btw Park Ave & Broadway)
- Saturday, May 17th: STATEN ISLAND: Midland Beach Parking Lot (Father Capodanno Blvd & Hunter Ave)
For further information, call 311 or go to nyc.gov/safedisposal.
On April - 7 - 2014
Green in BKLYN is now open seven days a week.
NEW SHOP HOURS:
- Monday 11am-7pm
- Tuesday 11am-7pm
- Wednesday 11am-7pm
- Thursday 11am-7pm
- Friday 11am-7pm
- Saturday 10am-7pm
- Sunday 11am-6pm
We look forward to seeing you!